Thursday 9 November 2017

Seeking Truth

When I was in my late teens,
I was seeking the Truth.
The Truth with a big, capital T.

While believing or attempting to arrive at the big Truth, is a foolish futile thing,
attempting to get a bit closer to it, even without any hopes of uncovering it completely
tends to put us on an amazing journey !

If we really, in the deepest of our heart and soul, search for Truth,
we quite soon come to an awareness that the Truth is enormously big.
The complexity of the physical world is enormous,
The complexity of the spiritual world is enormously enormous.

As a human we tend to cling to some of our insights some of the things we accepted as truth.
We make it our final truth and the wonderful journey of seeking ends; we tend to become arrogant in our beliefs, thinking we are right and all others are wrong.

A small glimpse of the Truth with capital T
will make anyone understand that we cannot understand that Truth.
This makes us  in a way all wrong in our perception of it.
So be it. Let us accept that no matter how good we are,
no matter how long we went to school or to study holy books,
no matter what, we cannot fully grasp the Truth

I have seen people who consider anyone believing in God
as children clinging to an illusion,
but these same people had no problem believing the big bang theory.
Bing bang originated in the mind of scientists, so even though it makes
minimal sense to any sound thinking mind, so many people blindly accept it.

I truly think there are much bigger questions that should keep us occupied
than the question where we come from or how the world came into existence.
The bigger questions are how we can make this world a better place to live in.
While science has helped us to lead comfortable life
it has not helped us a lot to be more happy.

Whatever it is, my friends, never give up your search for the Truth.





3 comments:

  1. Since young, i always hope that there is God.
    i 'feel' that there maybe a creator for everything,
    but i know i can never confirm it.
    and i can't lie to myself that indeed there will never be a confirm answer.

    (and there goes the questions of who create the Creator >.<)


    The feeling of "hoping there's God" is especially true whenever i'm facing challenge in life.

    i remember when i was just a house officer -- on the days that i'm on-call, every morning before going to the hospital, i will pray hardly and sincerely, hoping that i will have a good call, no one will get seriously ill, and all the patients that come to me will recover well.

    the same goes to most of my fellow house officers that time.

    no matter how agnostic or atheistic they are, almost everyone will hope that God is there to listen to our prayer -- having a peaceful call. lol.

    How good will it be if we can -- simply kneel down and pray, and all our patients will recover and stay healthy.


    Anyway, i tend to hold back when ppl overinterpret and overpromise about things related to 'God'.

    i agreed the fact that, nobody should know (for very sure, in a very detail form) on what is the life after death.

    and therefore, the more detail a person explain on certain religious issues eg heaven, hell, after death and God (with exact numbers), the more suspicious it will be.

    as time goes by, there are more and more details and rules come out from (?imagination of) these 'scholars' -- and it seems no one can really 100% stop one another from elaborating their "details"


    For the same reason, i feel that,

    the more agnostic a person is during interpretation of the fine details regarding 'God' and 'after death',

    the more "symbolic approach" they use when interpreting the holy scriptures,

    the more wise, humble and honest they are.



    When a person focuses on good values & principles eg love, peace, harmony & honesty
    rather than the fine details on God and God's rules,

    the more similarity they have -- towards 'Goodness' & 'Happiness',

    and the more convincing is their teaching.



    I do agree that there are more things that we should focus than these issues of how chicken and eggs came into existence,

    but i think this kind of discussions keep us think critically and get us closer to what we are searching for.

    until now, this is my believe.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just now, I was reading some of my old entries, something I really enjoy. But I enjoyed even more reading this comment. I don't know why I did not reply at the time I received the comment.
      I think what you write is so very valuable. NO ONE knows what happens to us after death and I agree very much that those who need to scare people about hell to make their message stronger, do usually have an extremely weak message to start with.
      I have prayed for quiet calls in the past too. Perhaps our prayers will not change the reality of other people, but they tend to change our own reality. If I pray to see all opportunities presented in a day to make a positive difference and the strength to act on them, I tend to be a bit more alert towards such opportunities and If I succeed in acting on them with a big heart, it gives me a big peace of mind.
      We cannot prove our Creator exists, but we can experience the peace, the love, the sense of beauty that was planted in our heart. We can discover our own talents and gifts that can help us making a positive difference in a creative way.
      While I have gone through doubts, like most of us do, I feel that the peace, love, beauty, and the gift of creativity are enough for me to accept there is an intelligent Creator that is all powerful and good. We may not understand what what we feel is bad happens so often, but our notion of good and bad may be so small in the bigger picture.
      I surely keep searching for truth and every minuscule step towards it, tends to be a delight. To read your reply just now, made me think and I felt it helped me move forward a bit.
      Thanks my friend fro the reply. My apologies for not responding earlier. (maybe I was not in a good mood at that time and our Creator wanted to reserve this bit of wisdom for a better time, which was just now (???))

      Delete
    2. Wow, I kept thinking for a while.
      After I posted the previous reply, I could not but think about Covid-19. How can an all powerful and good Creator allow this to happen? I do not understand, but I can imagine that not everything we experience as bad is indeed bad in the bigger picture. For example it may be possible that the hundreds of thousands of elderly people who were in old folks homes, were blessed with a death after a few days of suffering, replacing otherwise a prolonged suffering of dementia or cancerous growth. All of us will die. We want all to live a good and long life. But on the other hand, death may be not be bad all the time.
      Do not get me wrong, I do not understand why we suffer, why some people die early, seemingly when they could have done a lot more good in this world. I do not understand. But a small part of me can imagine, that everything happens for a reason and that our perception of good or bad may be very small compared the big picture our Creator may see.

      Delete

Do you agree, do you disagree, please comment...