Wednesday 25 March 2020

Ali

I think it is easy to love a champion.
But champions like Muhammad Ali are special above the rest I think.
I was reading some really nice quotes from him, I want to share with you:

- Don't count the days, make the days count
- The man who has no imagination has no wings
and a quote that gave me a smile:
- If you ever dream of beating me, you better wake up and apologize :)

I think that in these difficult days of the COVID-19 pandemic, we can pull ourselves quite a bit up on the first quote. Even though we may be locked in our homes, deprived of social contacts, can we still gather enough imagination to make our days count for ourselves or for others?

Few simple ideas:
Reading inspirational books, quotes, essays
Writing something like a poem, a letter to your prime minister
Looking at old pictures and write something about them to share with your loved ones,
phone a lonely person ,... and so many other potential creative things we can do.

And PS: let us not forget to make it on and off silent in our mind and
say thanks for the peace, love, our senses and all we have.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please read also some of my older posts, as I did just now. I particularly liked this one    (click on "this one")
I have also a collection of short essays on good things. Sometimes we want more than a quote but not a very long text either. Can access them by clicking https://abcofvirtues.blogspot.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree, do you disagree, please comment...