Thursday 4 November 2021

A flower on the path

This afternoon my wife's elder sister would visit us. She has four children and six grandchildren who all would come too. So around midday, as I walked along the path from my garden to the beach, I picked up a number of dry leaves that had dropped during a heavy bout of rain, early in the morning. 

I noticed between the dry leaves, a beautiful yellow flower that had fallen of the tree, that carries the name, sea-hibiscus. The tree is mainly leafy, but it carries a number of flowers, standing quite far apart. The flowers are yellow with an orangey pistil that is longer than the petals of the flower. I purposely did not pick up the flower and silently hoped our guests, of later in the afternoon would notice it. Actually I put it a bit closer to the path, very clearly visible. 

 While doing that, I got struck by an idea about life. Did not the universe (or its Creator) put so many beautiful things along our path in that big journey of life. But do we notice them? When I drive to work, there are literally so many things of beauty clearly visible along the road, but there are many days that I am so occupied with thoughts about work, about home, that I fail to notice them. Even inside the workplace, there may be not so much beautiful nature inside that place, but then there are the beautiful opportunities to make a positive difference in other people's life. And again there are days, that I hardly notice them and fail to act on them. 

I have made up my mind that tomorrow, I will have short reflection in the morning with the aim to try to increase my awareness of all beauty in our lives. I hope that I will be aware and notice the beauty of nature, the beauty of all opportunities to help others, the beauty of all the love and friendliness that comes my way...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Safe links to other blogs/sites that may be worth a bit of your time:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree, do you disagree, please comment...