Thursday 23 June 2022

The balloons

I imagined last Monday, straight after waking up
that there was a huge balloon of peace in my room
And guess what! There was a tremendous amount of peace
 
I loved the peace, I wanted it to stay forever, but then 
a frustrating thought from the previous day entered my mind
and like a needle it punctured my balloon of peace
 
        And peace was gone
 
I imagined last Tuesday, straight after waking up
that there was a huge balloon of love in my room
Tender love! There was a tremendous amount of love.
 
I loved the love, I wanted it to stay forever, but then
a thought of anger from the previous day entered my mind
and like a needle it punctured my balloon of love

        And love was gone

I imagined last Wednesday, straight after waking up
that there was a huge balloon of beauty in my room
Fascinating beauty, there was a tremendous amount of beauty

I loved the beauty and wanted it to stay forever, but then
a thought of disappointment from the previous day entered my mind
and like a needle it punctured my balloon of beauty
 
        And the beauty was gone

I imagined last Thursday, yesterday, straight after waking up
that there was a huge balloon of creativity in my room
Amazing creativity, there was a tremendous amount of creativity.

I loved the creativity and wanted it to stay forever, but then
A thought of strife, from the previous day entered my mind
and like a needle it punctured my balloon of creativity

        And creativity was gone

Today is Friday and without having to imagine, I know 
how much peace, how much love, how much beauty, 
how much creativity is surrounding me in the morning.

Needle-like thoughts of frustration, anger, disappointment and strife
will make them disappear like bursting balloons. 
I have decided to not think such thoughts and keep 
the peace, the love, the beauty, the creativity, all,
for a bit longer today, at least until noon. :)

Let us all keep the peace and love of the morning
the beauty and creativity, at least until noon...
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree, do you disagree, please comment...