Thursday 29 February 2024

Awake

 I woke up already to the peace within my heart,

Waiting eagerly for the flower buds

To open and let me drink their nectar

So my simple mind can take on

The task of letting the love in my heart

Flow freely to all in the world

So my simple soul

Can open up to the divine

And let my words flow as music

To provide a bit of inspiration

    Fully aware that giving some explanation of a poem, can take away some magic of it, I still think the main aim of poetry is to share the innermost things that live in the heart of the writer and if the meaning is lost in the metaphors, lots of value is gone.

   I believe quite strongly that we receive every day the wonderful gifts of peace, beauty, a huge dose of love placed in our hearts to freely share with all, and of creativity. In the small poem above, I was in a state of appreciating the peace but still searching inside and outside for the other three amazing gifts of beauty, love and creativity :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree, do you disagree, please comment...