Sunday 4 February 2024

The most unopened gift

This morning I received
An amazing gift
 
It was wrapped in softness
In transparent rays of light

I opened the gift with my heart
And enjoyed the peace inside
 
The gift of peace
Silence, comfort, grace, and ease
 
I resisted the habit of reaching for my phone
Of reading news about the wars and fights
 
I just enjoyed the gift of wonderful peace
With a grateful heart and soul
 
Thanks, dear Creator, dear universe
Every morning this gift seems to be delivered
 
But how often I failed to notice it
Or saw it and left it unwrapped
 
Or stepped on it and destroyed it
With negative thoughts
 
With focus on imperfection
With petty stresses and useless worries
 
With reading the crazy messages
About falling stocks and greed
 
I pray, my God, that much more often, 
No, every morn, I see and open
this wonderful present,
PEACE.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree, do you disagree, please comment...