Thursday 12 November 2020

A bit closer to home

  Yesterday, I walked all the way to Melawi. Melawi is a place about 3 km from my house.It is a wonderful walk along the beach of the South China Sea. Upon reaching Melawi, I took a small rest, enjoyed the beauty of the Melawi river mouth meeting the sea and then i returned.

  When I started the long walk back (at my age, 3 km is a bit of a long walk), I felt a bit tired and a thought arose, with a wish to be home. But then I became aware that every step I made, brought me 1 step closer to home. I decided to fully enjoy the walk. I felt consciously the pleasantly lukewarm sea water on the skin of my feet and my ankles. the waves create a pleasant flow. The wind against the skin of my cheeks and cooling my torso. I could feel the wavy sand under the soles of my feet. I looked and inhaled the colours of the afternoon sea, from brown to azure to turquoise, with a few small clouds creating darker spots on the immense water surface. The colours and iodium in the air were caressing my lungs. 
 
   My legs, my back were still tired, but I did not feel them anymore. Every single step was enjoyed with an intensity of knowing that these steps would not last forever. 

  This morning, while I reflected upon yesterday, the memories of the walk back gave me pleasure. I became grateful to the Creative Intelligence that made all this possible. Then the following thoughts occurred: 

  Is not our life a bit like this as well? Sometimes we get a bit tired of all the challenges, but if we manage to consciously enjoy the beauty and wonders in it, we forget that we were tired. Every second, every minute brings us a bit closer to home, which may be a fantastic place but the journey will be finished. Let us consciously become aware of the blessings of being alive and enjoy our journey of life, step by step, day by day. Challenges will always be there, but with the right thinking, we can find solutions and overcome them in a great way. The big motto of enjoying the journey, so true. Let us enjoy the journey and choose happiness today, while we fully experience all the miracles of being alive.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You may enjoy also:
beautiful skies: https://hansvro.wixsite.com/mysite-1/skies-seen-by-hans
beautiful flowers: https://hansvro.wixsite.com/flowersbyhans
beautiful poems: https://aufiezophypoems.blogspot.com/
essays about good things: https://abcofvirtues.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree, do you disagree, please comment...