Sunday 15 November 2020

Giving it away...

  I was praying for peace
But our universe had provided peace already.
All I had to do is stop my crazy train of thoughts,
listen to the silence of the natural sounds around me
and enjoy the peace I was bathing in.
 

  I was praying for beauty
But our universe had provided beauty already for me.
All I had to do was to look at the sky, the flowers
observe the trees and listen to the birds
and enjoy the beauty I was bathing in.
 
  Then I thought, I can certainly pray for love.
Love is not coming our way easily. 
But that was again not exactly the truth:
the joy of love lies in giving it away,
rather than in simply receiving it.
 
  

  There is so much love sitting in our heart since birth.The great pleasure we find in love is when we manage to give it away.The universe provides free refills and our refills tend to be different:
they tend to be bigger and of higher quality still than the original. Love is abundant in our heart; it is a great pleasure to give it away.
 
  Problems with love arise when we expect love back. Letting the love flow from our heart, without expectations, is a true source of joy and peace of mind. It will flow to anyone we encounter, anyone we meet. Not everyone will love us back, but the love coming our wayif we graciously give it away to anyone we meet, will be abundant.
 
  If we target our love only to the ones whom we expect, will give it back,
we often get disappointed and because our love was targeted,
we may not enjoy the positive responses of so many others. 
 
  This writing is not about romance or erotic love.
It is about the Love with capital letter 'L' 
Give tonnes of it to your closest family
Give tonnes of it to your neighbours
Give tonnes of it to your friends
Give tonnes of it to strangers
Give tonnes of it to anyone we meet.
It sits in our heart. Not everyone will appreciate our love and give it back
but if we give it without expectation, it will be of such a high quality
that the love flowing back from others to us, may never cease :)


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree, do you disagree, please comment...