Saturday 15 June 2019

An example for me

My father in law, ayah,
was not wealthy, he had just enough
but almost all of the time, whenever I met him
he looked happy and possessed a wonderful serenity

Oh, ayah, I possess a lot more
I have many friends possessing a lot more,
but none of us is as serene as you
none of us is as happy as you always seemed to be.

My father in law was praying,
not a whole lot, but apparently just enough.
He was always modest and I never,
never I saw him lose his temper or self control.

And yet I have so many friends and acquaintances
who pray a lot more and are so proud of their prayers
but so often they assume an air of arrogance
and quite often their self control is lost.

My father in law, this simple and friendly man
lovely and humble, dignified and lovely
taught me so many valuable lessons.
We do not have to be rich to possess love and happiness
We do not have to be proud or show off to be dignified,

He died very suddenly in 2002
but up to today, I do remember him
I do remember the valuable lessons I learned from him,
without him attempting to teach me anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree, do you disagree, please comment...