Saturday 15 June 2019

Dad

My father, lovely and dear,
while ten thousand miles away from me,
our souls were forever near!
Closer perhaps than any son to father could be

Open and frank about all thoughts in our mind;
criticizing our own ways respectfully and kind.
But more often giving sincere appreciation;
no secrets, sharing our wildest imagination.

When we were alone,
We left unturned no stone.
Talking about simple facts of reality
reminiscing about things of great beauty,
Sharing wonderful memories from the past,
Small and big achievements that last.
Going into life's truest meanings:
A wide range of our heart's deepest things
but then a practical joke or funny face
would bring us straight back to the surface.

Gratefulness has replaced the sadness;
now thankful for your wonderful dad-ness
I loved the moments we shared.
For the times we were together, I cared
if not physically, just through some thoughts in our mind
a letter, a fax or just thinking some words that were kind.

I loved to share my wisdom, and to listen to yours
I loved to talk about my stories and to listen to yours.

The moments I hurt you, I still regret
but now they do not longer make me sad;
because forgiveness, I am certain of that.
long, long before your death.

I think of it like an enormous big lottery I have won,
It was such an enormously huge privilege to be your son.

I share this with my friends on the eve of father's day
And I can see your bright smile from heaven, so far away.

Your Hans, @ Aufie Zophy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree, do you disagree, please comment...