Monday 8 January 2018

Good Morning

I was walking with my head facing a bit down, quite absorbed in my own thoughts, when I suddenly heard the joyous voice of one of the hospital cleaners: 'good morning, prof'. I was jolted out of my closed inner world and the joy in her voice was warming my heart only in a way the human voice can. I responded with a 'good morning' too. That cleaner somehow had coloured my self-centered lone morning with the beautiful colours of human communication.

Small things like this can really make a difference to our day. My state of mind had changed from silent introversion to a certain joyful alertness, ready to continue the chain of kindness initiated by the cleaner.

Let us start a few of such chains of kindness ourselves today. Who knows one of such small chains of kindness may snowball into an avalanche of kindness enveloping the world😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree, do you disagree, please comment...