Friday 11 October 2019

What a miracle

If I think about toes,
each of them has 2 or three bones,
tendons muscle, skin, nailbed,
blood vessels, nerves and so much more.
I can move them, feel them, use them for walking.
Just now I went to the beach and my toes were in the seawater.
It felt nice, the water of the waves gushing against my toes,
tickling all spaces around them

I could write about my feet now in a very similar way,
but I choose just to do it in my imagination,
to let the miracle of my feet penetrate my full consciousness

As I move up from feet to the rest of my body,
it becomes more and more miraculous.
How my internal organs function and keep me alive.

My heart, my lungs, my skin, and the miracles of my face and brain.
Thanks, gratefulness, thanks, thanks, thanks.

Surely some of us think it all organized by itself,
while self-organizing things tend only to become more chaotic.
To have an organism like we have there would have to happen
so many one in a quintillion events simultaneously.
There is a Creative Intelligence in this world pushing forward our evolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree, do you disagree, please comment...