Wednesday 3 February 2021

A story of hope

 Dear Reader,

This blog is meant to inspire. And it is what it does best. 



A person with a disability of his legs, causing him difficulty to walk, has for a very long time had financial problems. I met him first many years ago in a charitable association for disabled people where he was doing a job for a salary that helped him sustain his small family. He is married and has three children. Then one day, he was sacked from that job, because it was discovered that he was 'doing' drugs. After that, it seemed that everyone knew about his drugs problem and nobody was still ready to accept him as a worker or give him any money. That is when my long term semi-problematic relation started with him. He had borrowed money from loan sharks. They threatened him and his family almost weekly. He could simply not pay them back. 

I started to help him financially, in the hope he could at least get rid of the loan sharks. He was getting monthly a small amount of money from the welfare department. I had long talks with him about being creative and perhaps start a small business. His wife was fully able. He came back first monthly and then more frequently with a lot of different reasons and stories to get more financial help. Sometimes I refused initially; it was almost impossible to believe his stories, but his persistence made me give in each time. People knowing him, thought I was crazy giving money to him. But he was in trouble. I wanted to see the best in him and was willing to believe he was no longer involved in drugs.  He had a family. 

Four days ago, after a long time not having seen him, he contacted me again. I had prepared some money to give, but this time he came with good news. His wife and him had started to sell online a kind of crunchy snacks. The business was small and new but it had been running for a while. I bought a few boxes of snacks and he gave me one extra for free. I was so happy!

In my heart I had prayed for him for a long time already. I truly hope his small business works out. Please say little prayer for him and his family too... 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beautiful inspirational quotes:  https://quotesfromhans.blogspot.com/
Essays about good things: https://abcofvirtues.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree, do you disagree, please comment...