Thursday 5 July 2018

Great future docs

Today, I had a session with students who are my personal mentees.
When we addressed their progress in development of professional values, I heard some truly wonderful stories.

These students, early in their clinical years, seem to have developed such a good listening skills, that it really warmed my heart. Just through active listening, the students had managed to extract information from the parents, that, I was sure, was very difficult to get. After being listened to actively, one of the parents had really softened his stance on a wrong belief he had held on to
for a long time.

While so often we tend, as we grow older be dissatisfied with the performance of our juniors, if we actively encourage and look for their empathy and compassion, we become aware, that we do have great future docs among our students.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree, do you disagree, please comment...