Friday 8 February 2019

A helping hand

Whenever we help someone
we cannot but feel good.

I was a bit upset when during an expensive breakfast in a hotel,
only one of the three coffee machines was working.
When I headed for some orange juice, that seemed to be finished too.
Then a waiter came with a tray full of glasses,
The almost empty tray was still there and I saw him struggling.
I took the empty tray away and it was easy for him  to put the new one in place.
Then I gave the other one to him.

This simple act of kindness made me feel good.
We cannot feel good and upset at the same time.
The lack of orange juice and the faulty coffee machines
did matter suddenly a lot less.
It was the smile of the waiter, his sigh of relief and his warm thank you
that made up how I felt for the next ten minutes at least.

I think there is so much wisdom in loving your neighbors as yourself,
in offering a helping hand whenever we can




1 comment:

  1. Nice article, Thumbs up. I am also a motivational writer www.evhiemenisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Do you agree, do you disagree, please comment...