Friday 31 January 2020

Inspiration

If we do not take the time to cultivate our own personality and character, we neglect the most valuable thing in our life. Let us read some inspirational texts today. Internalise the ideas that seem valuable to us, incorporate in our own principles and create a personality and character that is better than before. Then share what we feel.

Over the last few decades, I have read many texts that somehow touched my mind and heart enough to make a significant difference in my life. Small quotes, stories, short chapters, sometimes a whole book, containing enough wisdom, brilliant ideas. They made me think a bit further, made me sometimes change my bad habits and had a positive effect.

I want to say thanks to the authors of these quotes, stories, texts, books. I have taken some of these ideas and internalized them and it felt like they became mine. Without any intent of plagiarism, I have been sharing my own convictions here in this blog, inspired by so many people who lived before me or at this time. If it was not for the sharing and going to the extent of writing down their ideas, our civilisation would not have progressed to the place where it is now.

Let us just do so: read, reflect, let the good ideas sink in, incorporate and modify them to fit in our own value system and then go on sharing with many others.

Getting inspired feels great; sharing some inspiration with others feels super.

I wish you all a fruitful reading and sharing.

Hans Van Rostenberghe

PS: I have written up to now more than 800 entries in this blog. Please take a look at the archives. When I read my old postings, I think the initial ones from 2014 may be still the most inspiring ones.
Feel free to share anything written here, to go and inspire your friends and family. No copyright!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree, do you disagree, please comment...