Wednesday 9 June 2021

Nice and warm

My heart felt nice and warm
My soul was lightly afloat
My brain wanted me to feel like stupid,
but i didn't let it.  

A woman sitting on the floor
trying to sell kerupuk
my heart told me she was happy
my soul kept seeing her smile
My brain told me: she cheated you.
I didn't care

The woman had 50 ringgit
I had peace of mind
I had love in my soul
I had 50 ringgit less
She may have cheated me
But I did not care

I talked back to my mind
Please dear mind,
Intelligence is kindness
nothing more, nothing less
It is your task to help me be intelligent

Thanks dear heart, Thanks dear soul
And thanks my mind, for giving in so easily
and accepting that your greatest gift, intelligence
is kindness, the highest form of intelligence.
 
‐----‐‐----------------------------------------------------------


A small explanation: outside of the bank, there are always some people begging. In the past, i felt that that was a bit opportunistic. Today, it was quite late, not many people around. The lady sitting outside of the bank was selling kerupuk (fish crackers). Somehow my heart took pity on her and i gave her RM 50. Immediately after that, my mind was not happy about it, but in my heart I was convinced that I did the right thing :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree, do you disagree, please comment...