Tuesday 16 October 2018

All these behaviours

Of all these behaviors that I detest,
there are so many that I have performed myself.

I love to be kind.
I love to be nice
But we do not all the time manage to live up to our ideals.

I love to be fair
I love to be just
But we o not all the time manage to live up to our ideals

I sometimes don't understand, how I can lose my temper
when the things that happened were in retrospect not that bad.
I sometimes don't understand why I chose to behave in such
or another not so good way.
But sometimes I do not manage to live my ideals,
Sometimes we lose it.

I guess, the times we mess up things, are like little lessons,
little lessons we learn, not to judge others too severely if they mess up.
Surely some people mess up more than others,
but still, if we have made similar mistakes ourselves,
we manage to make a milder judgement.

We are imperfect, each in our own way.
I can accept myself with all my shortcomings
and I think these shortcomings help me to accept
the shortcomings of others too.

Let us choose tolerance, acceptance, peace, love and kindness.
On and off we may not succeed and be nasty ourselves too,
but we can exercise kindness like we exercise our muscles,
the more we use it, the stronger it becomes

All the behaviours, I like,
I pray for the strength to practice them
All the behaviours I detest,
I pray for the strength to avoid them in myself
I pray for the strength to understand them when I see them in others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree, do you disagree, please comment...