Monday 24 December 2018

Dedication in my food

This morning I drunk a mug of orange juice.
While I held it in my hands, I thought of all the love
all the service and dedication that had gone into it.
The planters of the trees, years of sunlight and rain
to let the trees grow and then the fruits ripen.
The pluckers, the makers of the boxes
the lorry drivers the store keepers,
the ones putting it on the shelves of the shop
the cashier, the hands pressing the juice
so much love, service and dedication had to happen
to make this mug of orange juice possible
Even the makers of he earthen mug and all knowledge
that was needed to make the mug and the plastic spoon I used.
With a grateful heart, I drunk the juice and all its vitamins and minerals
I hope the vitamins circulate in my veins the whole day to make me healthy
I hope all the love and service and dedication equally circulate in my veins,
to help me being loving, dedicated and filled with selfless service, the whole day long...

And then I drunk some coffee, ate some bread with butter and had a spoon of honey.
For each a superb love and dedication of society and so many people was absolutely necessary
in order to make it possible. Thanks humanity, thanks society, thanks my friends and to all strangers to all ancestors transmitting the experience and knowledge to make a wonderful breakfast possible.
Oh, my God, let me be an equally contributing member of our humanity and society today.
I pray to contribute selflessly, dedicated, lovingly serving my fellow humans....


PS: I have written a similar reflection about two years back (an orange miracle), but I thought the extension to put the love of all of it into my own day, was worth to write this post too. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree, do you disagree, please comment...