Saturday 15 December 2018

Writing

I am writing for quite some time now.
I remember when I was 18, i had so many ideas.
I wrote so many things, so many poems,...
all for myself.

I did not dare to publish or even let anyone know, I wrote poetry.
Only in 2010 (aged 46), I published my first poem on the net.
On PoemHunter. And then still I felt so much that my poem
was more of a nursery rhyme than anything worth the name poetry.
So I chose an almost unrecognizable pen name, Aufie Zophy.

It takes a while to get some confidence.
Still when I write something now, the fear of "what will they think" is there,
but along the way one gets some confidence that some of our writings are inspiring others
and that makes it all worth it so much.

I got a friend in Kenya who just started a blog and writes exactly and in a wonderful way about this fear. I recommend to all of you to read her first poem in her blog. It is good and so wise:
 http://poetkamau.blogspot.com/2018/12/her.html

Enjoy the poem, her (by clicking the link above) and if you feel like, publish something too.

 

1 comment:

Do you agree, do you disagree, please comment...