Saturday 29 December 2018

Listening to the Universe

I was reading through the poems, I have shared on the net in 2018, and came across the poem, titled the universe talks. I put up the poem at the bottom of this message. I enjoyed reading it and indulged in my imagination in a talking universe. It does not talk in words, but the thoughts and feelings that we get when we spend some time in nature are truly a special experience. Let us all take a long walk today outside and try to tune in to the universe.

If you are about to ask, what did the universe talk about, I can tell it involves purity, beauty, light, and also love, peace and truth. With a small effort, an open mind, heart and soul, I am sure that almost all humans on earth can manage to tune in and get connected to all the principles and values that make up the universe and are the invariable clue and key to happiness. Even if I could bring under words what I get out of my quiet time with the 'universe', it may not make all too much sense to you, since each of us has to "listen" and will hear what resonates with our own soul.

Here is the poem (in free verse)

The soft morning breeze
sways the tiny casuarina leaves,
and caresses softly our skin.
It talks to our soul.

The midday sun plays with the waves:
a thousand lights in the wide-open sea,
touching and illuminating our mind
It talks to our soul.

The pastel colours in the evening skies,
a canvas, a pure joy for our eyes,
touching and beautifying our heart
It talks to our soul

Oh yes, the universe talks.
Let us make it quiet, right now
and listen to its soft sweet voice
to pacify our mind, heart and soul

1 comment:

Do you agree, do you disagree, please comment...