Thursday 10 January 2019

Rumi

I was reading some Rumi quotes today.
Each time I do that, I revel in their wit and beauty.

Here are three of them. You may like some and some not.
I like the three below quite a lot:

Let silence take you to the core of life.
You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean, in a drop.
Whatever lifts the corners of your mouth, trust that
 Let silence take you to the core of life. The days on which I failed to make it silent for awhile to think and reflect on what happened, are a bit incomplete. I think my most complete days are those when I manage to go to the beach in the late evening and sit there by myself adoring the beauty of nature and enjoy the beauty of the day that passed or work a bit over the ugliness encountered.

The second one is a bit less practical, a bit more mystical perhaps, but worth to let it sink in for a while. All our experience, all our thoughts, all our feelings, are a world, an ocean. All the beauty we have seen, all the love we have felt, all the care we have given or received, an ocean. And yet all too often we feel small and insignificant, while we are an ocean in a drop :) That is at least how I experience this quote.

And then the third one, is perhaps the one, I like the best. What makes us feel good and what makes us smile, is perhaps close to the truth. Here it is not too much sugary sweets, we are talking about but the small greeting from a stranger, the unexpected response from a child, an idea that makes us smile. I have many times ideas that make me smile, but then afraid of what others might think, I keep it for myeslef or do not follow through. When I take up my courage and act on these impulses that make me smile, they tend to be the best experiences of my life.

Please share your own interpretation of these quotes in the comments or share your favorite quotes :)

Have a wonderful next second, a wonderful next minute, a wonderful next hour, a wonderful next 24h a wonderful next week, month, year :)  

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the beautiful quiotes.

    Reminds me of a poem by wWilliam Blakes:

    To see a world in a grain of sand,
    And heaven in a wild flower,

    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
    and eternity in an hour.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Do you agree, do you disagree, please comment...