Saturday 5 January 2019

Good or evil?

My sons and I have consciously chosen to be good men and not evil men.
I think most or all of the readers of this message are with us in this choice.
So I will continue as we and us meaning, you, me, my sons, and anyone
having made a similar choice.

We, good men and women, no matter where we live or what we do,
are quite often confronted with people and things that are not so good.

Just recently my son went to visit his auntie.
Four of her five children were at home, while one was at the adjacent house.
He could see her there through the wide open doors and he called her name.
Even though there was no doubt that she had heard him,
she  did not even look up and completely ignored his call.
When my son came home, he was fuming as he told me the story.
He made plans to pay her unkindness with a worse unkindness of his own.
That is when I reminded him about the choice we had made.
If whether or not we are kind depends on the behavior of others,
we are mere followers of others.
I asked him to be a leader in the good, which we had chosen consciously.
No matter how people treat us, we choose to be nice to them.
Actually he went to do just that and the one feeling bad and embarrassed
was no longer him.

Loving our enemies takes away our bad feelings.

Let us be leaders and stick to our choice to be good,
no matter what choices others have made in dealing with us.
Let us be good no matter what.
Enmity may disappear from the world's surface slowly
if just enough of us live according this simple principle.
---------------------------------------------------
PS: Just about a year ago, I had a similar experience with my son. 
I am happy to repeatedly teach him this bit of essential wisdom 
for a happy life. My previous experience I shared in this link: 
https://reflectionsbyhans.blogspot.com/2018/01/leader.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree, do you disagree, please comment...