Saturday 17 January 2015

Family

When I got my two sons, I had one aim in mind: to become the best father ever.
Now, 18 years later, I don't think I am even near to that

But the fire for my children is still burning inside.
Sure enough I have made mistakes in parenting
Sure enough
But the will and longing to still be the best father ever is still very much alive
Alive in my heart, in my mind, in my soul.
I pray that I may start doing things a bit more right
that I can give unconditional love without pampering too much
I know unconditional love is the way
but I know also now that unconditional love is not the same as giving everything they long for
Values, I have to teach more values,
Oh, my God, I do hope and pray it is not too late to teach my children more values.
Teaching values while practicing unconditional love...
I hope I can.
I hope so much to still be the best father to them.

While I was walking on the beach just now,
I was wondering why I had failed so badly in parenting
But then the thought came to my mind:
On calm seas every captain is a good captain.
It is on rough seas one can distinguish good from not so good captains
I truly hope that I can bring after quite a stormy ride, the ship still safely in a beautiful harbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree, do you disagree, please comment...