Saturday 27 July 2019

Experience

I was staying in Kuala Lumpur with my children.
Everything was fine and we stayed in a nice hotel.
The hotel-breakfast was really very expensive
and we had decided to take breakfast somewhere else.

While it felt like a good example for the children,
not to be wasteful with the money,
I think we as a family missed the special experience
of pampering ourselves and have a sumptuous breakfast together
during our very short holiday.

Surely, when considering the price of the food in the hotel,
it was far too expensive, but to have breakfast in a special place,
is more than the price of the food. It is the experience too.

On one side, it feels good to save money,
On the other side, experiences are what life is made off.
I am fully against overspending,
but over-saving may also deprive us from living life to its fullest.

Finding a balance between the two is a bit the art of life, I think.

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dutch version of some of my post: Juweeltjes voor de ziel
Sister blogs:
Inspirational quotes
Small prayers for a big world
"Big" brother blog (selection of my poems, written under the pen name of Aufie Zophy):
aufiezophypoems

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree, do you disagree, please comment...