Saturday 3 September 2016

Theater in Bachok

This morning I went to a theater show in Bachok
I got comfortably seated on the first and only row
with a glass of freshly squeezed watermelon
naturally sweetened to perfection.

The first actress to come on stage
was a butterfly, performing brilliantly
the most elegant dance just in the air
Her wings were brown and white 
and then she landed with her feather light feet
on a green leaf of a flowerless tree.

The second actor came on immediately
a white butterfly doing a rock and roll
The birds came on stage before it was their turn
but who cares about turns in this theater.
A choir of invisible doves
made their lovely sounds in the background
for an aria of a proud yellow bird.

When my drink was finished,
I was allowed to go on stage
and have a private chat with many actors
They spoke a strange language
but perhaps they understood my heartfelt praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree, do you disagree, please comment...