Sunday 27 November 2016

Sense-ational

Just sharing a poem, I wrote about 3 years ago

Sense-Ational

The smell of the sea was more special
More precious than that of a rose in spring
The wind on my skin was so sweet and soft
It was fantastic, a real caressing
The sounds of the waves, real music
Mozart, Bach, never heard such a thing
The view of the sea the colours so nice
Blue green, white waves, amazingly amazing

I tried to smell, feel, hear and see
All at the same time, simultaneously
But this was really much easier said than done
When I looked and listened, the smell was gone
Focusing on smell and the breeze from the skies
gave me the sudden strong urge to close my eyes
I tried again and again to absorb the senses of the sea
And what was first two, became soon a wonderful three.

After some time I finally could sense all four
It felt like being one with the sea in my core
I felt and smelled and heard and saw
It really had me standing there in awe
I licked my lips and guess what
I could taste some of the sea’s salt…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree, do you disagree, please comment...