Saturday 18 October 2014

Reflection 126 (principles)

Principles

Some time ago, I wrote the small piece below as a poem.
When reading it now, I don't find it very poetic
But still I think it is a thought worth sharing here:


Whenever I think I know myself
Something happens 
that makes me doubt

I set out my own principles
Principles I love, I want to live by
But then so often I fail

Why do I fail?
Which part of me fails?
Which part of me sets the principles?
I think I can experience my soul,
Is it my soul dealing with principles
Is my soul boss of my mind, my heart, my body?

Why does my soul not take charge all the time?
My heart and mind seem to have to search
To search so intensely for my soul
to put my big ego aside
Is my ego competing with my soul?
It seems to be never quiet
Why my soul does not compete harder?

And then my thoughts, flying coming in, going out
I have written them down.
If I read my thoughts from the past
I feel I get to know myself a bit better
'cause thoughts come from the mind
They come from the soul, from the heart
And yes, also from the ego.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you agree, do you disagree, please comment...